2017 Spring Zelda Bounty Race
The 2017 Spring Zelda Bounty Race is over. The runners used SpeedRunsLive for the race. The times were:
Video: Watch on Youtube
Congratulations to the brave three who came through in the end!
Saturday, March 11, 2017
2pm Eastern / 11am Pacific / 20:00 Central European
Four handheld Zelda games in one big race! Can you produce four speed runs of these games the fastest?
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC) / ゼルダの伝説 夢をみる島 DX (GBC)
Any% No WW/OOB (No S+Q)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) / ゼルダの伝説 ふしぎの木の実 時空の章 (GBC)
Linked Ages > Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) / ゼルダの伝説 ふしぎの木の実 大地の章 (GBC)
Linked Ages > Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) / ゼルダの伝説 ふしぎのぼうし (GBA)
1st: US $600
2nd: US $250
3rd: US $125
- Game and category rules as listed on Speedrun.com apply, except as listed here.
- Race categories may change if major new glitches and routes are discovered at the last minute.
- Emulators and official re-releases are allowed, as long as they are accurate to the original release. VC, Flash Carts, and accurate homebrew emulators are allowed for GBA, with time penalties to be determined later. BGB, Gambatte, and Bizhawk (with Gambatte core), flash carts, and VC are permitted for GBC.
- If using an emulator for GBC games, it is required to configure that emulator to show the BIOS screen, otherwise the runner must wait 3 seconds for each hard reset.
- Super Game Boy is banned. Super Game Boy 2 and Game Boy Player are permitted, as is the Game Boy Interface software for the Game Boy Player. Using a camera to capture a screen (handheld or console) is permitted. Flash carts are permitted, however if using a GBA flash cart you must wait 30 seconds at the start of The Minish Cap to compensate for faster Save times.
- There is a required one minute delay between the end of official timing of one game, and pressing start on the next. This is to prevent emulator users from having an advantage over players of the original consoles. An additional two minutes between the Oracle games have also been required to allow for password entry/linking, for a total of three minutes between the Oracle games.
- Timing for each game is according to Speedrun.com. Except for the end of Oracle of Ages; for that game time ends (and the mandatory delay/password entry time begins) at the Save + Quit screen before the boss.
- Last minute ruling: Safety saves are allowed in LADX as long as they are taken in rooms where the reset would warp you to anyway, such as at the start of a dungeon.
- All runs must be streamed live. Serious stream interruptions may result in disqualification.
- In the best interests of fairness and fun, the race organizer reserves the right to disqualify any runner for cheats and exploits not listed.
- Rule changes may occur as necessary in the interests of fun and fair play. These changes will be announced in advance as much as possible. Follow @presjpolkrta on Twitter, or join the Discord discussion for the latest.
- By participating in the race you agree to a commentated restream of your race for the enjoyment of spectators. Channel, commentators, and racers to be included to be determined later.