2017 Classic Zelda Bounty Race
- Eunos 3:59:38
- JSR2gamers 4:03:41
- Saver 4:24:48
- breastickle 4:38:28
- PresJPolk 5:07:31
- simpoldood 5:37:49
- SerelepeM Forfeit
Here's the whole video for easy viewing on Youtube
Saturday, September 16, 2017
2pm Eastern / 11am Pacific / 20:00 Central European
Four classic Zelda games in one big race! Can you produce four speed runs of these games the fastest?
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
Any% No Out of Bounds
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) / ゼルダの伝説 神々のトライフォース (SFC)
Any% No Out of Bounds
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) / ゼルダの伝説 夢をみる島 (GB)
Warpless (Formerly No Out of Bounds/No Wrong Warp)
- The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Fantasy (NES)
1st: US $250
2nd: US $100
3rd: US $50
- Game and category rules as listed on Speedrun.com apply, except as listed here.
- Since the Link to the Past moderators on speedrun.com have reorganized. I will reproduce here what the rules were before deletion: "No Out of Bounds, No Exploration Glitch, YBA OK". The intent is to have the same race as last year. For those who wish to use the new Link to the Past glitch tier list, this means Tiers 5 and 6 are allowed.
- Race categories may change if major new glitches and routes are discovered at the last minute.
- Emulators and official re-releases are allowed, as long as they are accurate to the original release. Banned emulators include but are not limited to:
- SNES9x 1.4x and earlier
- The Famicom and FDS version of the Legend of Zelda are banned, since we can't adjust for text differences in a live race. The FDS version of Zelda II is banned, because it puts you at a big disadvantage to use it.
- Super Game Boy is banned. Super Game Boy 2 and Game Boy Player are permitted. GBI on GBP is allowed.
- There is a required 70 second delay between the end of official timing of one game, and pressing start to begin the game on the next. This is to prevent emulator users from having an advantage over players of the original consoles.
- Timing for each game:
- Zelda II: Hold right after defeating Dark Link. Time stops when you stop walking.
- Link's Awakening: Time stops when the screen goes blank after walking up the stairs after beating the boss, to transition to the end-game cutscene.
- A Link to the Past: Time stops upon entering the Triforce room.
- The Legend of Zelda: Time stops upon appearing beside Zelda.
- All runs must be streamed live. Serious stream interruptions may result in disqualification.
- In the best interests of fairness and fun, the race organizer reserves the right to disqualify any runner for cheats and exploits not listed.
- Rule changes may occur as necessary in the interests of fun and fair play. These changes will be announced in advance as much as possible. Follow @presjpolkrta on Twitter for the latest.
- By participating in the race you agree to a commentated restream of your race for the enjoyment of spectators. Channel, commentators, and racers to be included to be determined later.